AOC has announced a brand new 4K UltraHD gaming monitor that should be great for those looking to pay a smaller fee when upgrading to a higher resolution. At this moment there is no info on the monitor's pricing, nor on its availability.
AOC is listing the monitor with 4K gaming at 60hz with variable refresh rate support and using the AMD FreeSync technology those buying this model should experience fluid and smooth gameplay, as long as they are using an AMD GPU with FreeSync support.
AOC U28G2AE/BK Main Features and Specs:
- 28-inch IPS 4K IPS panel.
- 3840 x 2160 4K UltraHD maximum screen resolution.
- 16:9 aspect ratio.
- excellent wide viewing angles.
- 60hz variable refresh rate.
- AMD FreeSync technology.
- 1ms MPRT.
- 4ms GTG response time.
- WLED backlit panel.
- 119% sRGB and 89% Adobe RGB wide color gamuts.
- 10-bit panel with 300 nits standard brightness level and 1000:1 static contrast ratio.
- borderlesss design.
- HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2 inputs.
- 3.5mm headphone jack/ audio out.
- two 3W built-in audio speakers.
- removable stand that allows users to adjust onlt its tilt angle.
- if you wish to get better ergonomics then you need a desk mount that is VESA 100x100 compatible.
- AOC G-Menu software.
- AOC Low Input Lag Mode.
- AOC Settings Keypad with 6game mode profiles support.
We should post an update when AOC releases more info regarding availability, pricing and release date for their U28G2AE/BK 4k UHD IPS monitor. Since the monitor's ergonomics are pretty basic we expect this model to be cheaper than usually expected out of this type of units.
Also, for those looking to learn if the monitor will sport NVIDIA G-Sync support, then you should wait until the monitor is launched, as that's when we can also test such compatibility.