The Elite XG270Q is a new gaming monitor designed by ViewSonic. The monitor is destined for competitive gaming as it comes with fast refresh rate, IPS panel, 1ms response time, and Adaptive Sync support that gets rid of screen tearing and in-game stuttering.
ViewSonic Elite XG270Q Specs and Features:
- 27-inch IPS display.
- 2560 x 1440 QuadHD screen resolution.
- 1ms GtG standard response time.
- 165hz variable refresh rate via DisplayPort input.
- 144hz variable refresh rate via HDMI port.
- Adaptive Sync that offers NVIDIA G-Sync compatibility and AMD FreeSync support.
- 1000:1 contrast ratio.
- 400 nits maximum brightness.
- 16.7M colors.
- excellent wide viewing angles as you can expect from IPS panels.
- Flicker-free and Blue Light Filter technologies.
- one DisplayPort input.
- two HDMI 2.0 ports and HDCP 2.2 support.
- 3.5mm audio out.
- USB type-B.
- USB type-A multiple ports.
- VESA 100x100 compatible.
- tilt, swivel, pivot and height can be adjusted easily.
- Elite Display Controller.
- Elite RGB Alliance desktop lighting on the back of the monitor.
- frameless design on three of its sides.
- DisplayHDR400 support.
- 95% DCI-P3 wide color gamut.
The Elite XG270Q looks to be a decent choice for gamers and hopefully ViewSonic will sell it cheaper than other manufacturers are doing with their newly release gaming monitors. Note that the 165hz refresh rate can be achieved through the DisplayPort input, and if you will need a more than decent computer in order to get the most out of their IPS panel.
For this monitor to offer excellent performance your computer needs to be able to hit somewhere around 150FPS at 1440p resolution. If your PC is unable of reaching such FPS values, then we recommend you to upgrade it or to think about getting a different gaming monitor with lower maximum refresh rate.
ViewSonic hasn't confirmed any type of details regarding release date, availability nor pricing. We expect the monitor to be released at the start of 2021 - expect an update on our website later this year.